We invite researchers working on duality (both theory or applications) to submit their latest work to our ICML 2023 workshop. Accepted papers will be presented as posters during our poster sessions, and selected papers will be given an oral presentation.
We invite submissions of papers related (but not limited) to the following topics:
Theory of duality principle:
- Representer theorems
- Lagrange and Fenchel dualities, generalized conjugacy and abstract convexity
- Duality on manifolds or metric spaces, geodesic convexity
- Convex relaxations and duality for nonconvex problems
- Duality for optimization over measures, duality in optimal transport
- Other dualities in mathematics, e.g., information geometry, algebraic geometry
Practical applications of duality principle:
- Fast knowledge adaptation and transfer, lifelong learning, few shot learning etc.
- Model understanding, explanation and interpretation
- Differentiable programming, smoothing discontinuous/discrete maps
- Reinforcement learning, control, and deep learning in general
- Submission Deadline: May 29th, 2023 (Anywhere on Earth)
- Acceptance Notification: June 19th, 2023
- Camera-Ready Deadline: July 20th, 2023
Submitted papers are composed of a main body, which can be up to eight pages long (shorter submissions, e.g. four pages long are also welcome), followed by unlimited pages for references and an appendix, all in a single file. For details concerning the format of the papers, please see the LaTeX style files. All submissions must be via OpenReview and anonymized, otherwise, they will automatically be rejected. In particular, any submission whose main body goes over the 8 page limit will be automatically rejected. For the final version, an extra page will be allowed.
To submit your paper, please visit the workshop’s OpenReview submission website.
Dual Submission Policy
We welcome submissions of ongoing and unpublished work, including papers that are under review at any venue. Works that have been previously published or accepted for publication will not be considered. There will be no workshop proceedings or book. The list of accepted papers will be posted on the workshop website.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.